General Service Technician T2
The "T2" position is responsible for the following:
- Vehicle inspections - 52 point and 7 point
- Maintenance services and Tire related work
- Undercar services (Brakes / Shocks / Front end / Alignment)
- Under hood services (electrical / Tune-up /filters /fluids / gaskets)
- Insure the honesty and integrity of all service work performed.
- Save all old parts for our customers.
- Have or be in the process of obtaining their ASE license.
- No service will be attempted in which personnel are not fully qualified.
- Protect all vehicles while in our possession and a "business reply" mailer placed on the rear view mirror before repairs have started. Protective materials (seat covers, floor mats, and fender covers) are to be used when servicing all vehicles. Extreme care is to be exercised to avoid soiling the vehicle interior and exterior.
- Complete all of the work on each invoice to your best ability. Accidents happen... If you break something, run out of time, don't have the correct parts, need additional tools or assistance, let the manager know immediately.
- Report any unsafe conditions to your Supervisor immediately. Safety glasses are to be worn whenever you are at risk (usually when using a brake lathe, using a bench grinder, and whenever the employee perceives a risk of injury).
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining the service department and equipment. All employees are required to insure that the floor of their work area is safe and free of debris and fluids. Floor soap and chemicals should never be washed into the parking lot or street.
- Have Fun and take pride in your workmanship
- Personal tools are not required for this position. Each store has a company tool box with basic tools that upon request are available for you use. Additionally, Lead Technicians are paid a tool allowance to assist in providing tools for "T1" and "T2" technicians.
This is a great learning position with an excellent career path for an employee that wants to advance to a Lead Technician or into a sales position. Some of our best managers advance through our service departments. Tell us where you'd like to be in 2 to 5 years and let us help you get there. Qualified applicants are required to have a valid California driver's license, a minimum of 2 years automotive mechanical experience, and should possess current ASE certifications. We provide state of the art equipment that gives you the opportunity to increase your earnings based upon your skills and performance. Scher Tire, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Submit a Resume